Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof
Asked: 2019-08-13 16:59:29
I was trying to figure out how people can build a pitched roof. Can anyone tell me how to build a pitched roof? I know this seems like a simple question so to speak but I'm totally confused when I try to look up stuff like this on my own and my son is trying to make a pitched roof at his place.

Answered: 2019-08-13 19:47:43

I was able to find a good website description when I was researching this the other day for my friend. You should begin by measuring the shape of your roof. You can use a measuring tape and write down the correct measurements. You should also measure the rise of your pitched roof. Then, you can bolt the two big timber pieces and install the the supporting posts. Then, you can make youre trusses by cutting the lumber to the size that you want them. Then, you can add a polycarbonate covering.

Answered: 2019-08-13 19:54:08

This might be too hard to do if you haven’t done this type of work before. If you do it on your own, you can start by measuring everything such as the roof you are going to cover and the rise of the pitch you want for the roof. Then, you can install the two big timbers, the supporting posts, make the trusses with correct measurements, and then finished with some plywood and shingles.

Answered: 2019-08-14 12:37:28

If you want to build a pitched roof, you can measure the roof and find out what the rise of the pitched roof will be. Then, you can bolt in the two big timbers that have to be parallel to each other. Then, you can install the supporting posts and make the trusses.

Answered: 2019-08-13 23:51:41

You can start by measuring the shape of your roof. You can write down all the measurements after using a measuring tape to measure the sides and everything. Then, you can figure out what the rise of your pitched roof is. Next, you can bolt the two big timber pieces parallel to each other. You can also install the supporting posts and add the trusses when it’s finished. And then the polycarbonate covering on top.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers