Login as a User

how to frame a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to frame a flat roof
Asked: 2019-12-14 06:53:41
You guys know anything about how I can frame a flat roof for a carport? I need to help my daughter's husband help them build one next month and I don't have any clue where we are going to start. Thanks!

Answered: 2019-12-15 10:18:05

It’s great that you want to help your son-law. Not everyone does, especially on such a hard job. Anyway, you can start by making four posts as your four-by-four posts that you will use as your four corners of your structure. Then, you can put the wooden beams on top of the posts. Lastly, you can install the rafters between the beams.

Answered: 2019-12-15 17:02:06

You will probably have to figure out all the tools you need and supplies as well before you start. You should have four posts as your four-by-four post. You can install the beams on any two of the posts if you make it a square shaped structure. Then, you can install the rafter between the beams and you can create a overhang too if you want but make sure to take that into account before your start.

Answered: 2019-12-15 17:30:46

I think you can use four big posts as your four corners. Then you can attach the wooden beams on top of your posts and finally install the rafter between the beams. This is just the frame though so you will probably have more work to do after this. I wish you good luck on this.

Answered: 2019-12-14 23:08:51

I was researching this for you and found this website description and it seemed really useful. It talks about how you can make your own frame for a flat roof by making four-by-four posts as your corners of this carport that you are building. Then you need to attach wooden beams on tops of the posts. Next, you can install the rafters between the beams.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers