Login as a User

how to install a metal roof on a mobile home

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install a metal roof on a mobile home
Asked: 2019-12-23 12:57:26
Hello! I have a mobile home but I was thinking about removing my old roofing and installing a metal roof. I might be wrong here but I think it's possible. But does anyone know how to install a metal roof on a mobile home?

Answered: 2019-12-23 19:12:21

Make sure you don’t forget to make room around your roof vents and stuff like that. But I guess you have to cut out and remove all the old roofing before starting. Clean it and the then apply the insulation and furring. Then, you can put the metal material on and use the necessary tools to secure it.

Answered: 2019-12-24 21:26:10

I was looking this up for my grandma and found this source description which says that you have to clear away the old roof and scrap the roof clean before your start. Then, you can install the insulation across the roof and then lay strip of furring down secure it down with screws to the rafters. Press metal material with 4 inch overhang and insert foam closure strips and drill metal to furring strips. Overlap metals correctly or leakage could happen if you don’t do it right.

Answered: 2019-12-25 09:05:03

You can remove all the old roofing materials and make sure you clean the roof before you begin. You can then install the insulation across the roof. You can then put furring down and use screws to secure it and then put metal material down with foam closure strips and drill them to furring. You got to place the metal pieces on right or it could create leaks later on.

Answered: 2019-12-24 22:55:46

If you want to install a metal roof on your mobile home, you have to remove all of your old roofing materials and clean it off. Then, you can begin by installing the insulation and furring down with screws and such. Then, you can use closure clips and other materials to place and secure the metal material to your roof. Just make sure it’s done right or you might have leaks.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers