Login as a User

how to install shingles on a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install shingles on a flat roof
Asked: 2020-01-13 04:26:36
I want to build a flat roof on my new house that me and my wife got not too long ago. We have been busy with other stuff so now we are ready to fix up our new house and we are so excited. But we need a little help on shingles. Do you know how to install shingles on a flat roof? It might be too hard for us to do since we both have full time jobs.

Answered: 2020-01-14 06:33:10

You might want to consider not using shingles on your flat roof. They say that to install it, you will need to overlap themwith a 3 inch reveal instead of 5 inches. So, you will be using two times as much shingles as you need to and that’s two times the weight on your roof.

Answered: 2020-01-14 01:59:21

If you decide to shingle a flat roof, then it might not be good for the roof. When you install the shingles, you should overlap them with a 3 inch reveal instead of the usual 5 inch. Therefore, you will be putting double the amount you need to cover the roof since it’s a flat roof. And you will also be putting double the weight on top of it.

Answered: 2020-01-15 04:45:16

I’m going to say, think about it some more before you choose putting shingles on your flat roof. A lot of people say it’s not the best option. Plus, you need double the supplies for it. Supposedly, to install it on a flat roof, you need to overlap them with a 3 inch reveal. Your roof needs the protection so that’s why this is the case. Overlapping it like this means you will need two times as much shingles as well.

Answered: 2020-01-15 04:14:00

You can install your shingles by overlapping them with a 3 inch reveal instead of the usual 5 inches since this is a flat roof. The downside means that it will take two times as many shingles as it should on other types of roofs. I don’t know if you want that much weight on your roof since it’s not the best for flat roofs.

Answered: 2020-01-14 06:49:12

I was searching online for installing shingles on a flat roof and found this description which describes how you can install the shingles. It says you might have to overlap your shingles with a 3 inch reveal. This means that you might be doubling the amount of shingles you need, which will double the amount of weight too. Therefore, it’s not always a good idea to use shingles on flat roofs.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers