Login as a User

how to patch a hole in a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to patch a hole in a flat roof
Asked: 2019-08-16 21:04:28
I have a minor problem on my roof. It's a flat roof by the way and I wanted to see if anyone know how to patch up a hole in one of these flat roofs. Any advice would be helpful.

Answered: 2019-08-18 21:09:06

Start by cutting and lifting two sides of the hole. You can use a trowel to put some cement underneath the damage and then you can apply roofing cement over the area and place fiberglass mesh in cement and apply another layer of cement. Then, use knife and cut rectangle around the damaged area. Cut only deep enough to remove the piece and then use that as a template to cut out a patch. After that, apply more roofing cement on the area you cut and around the area too. Then, put patch on top. Next, you have to cut another patch but 6 inches longer and wider than previous one. Apply more cement and place second patch on top with more cement on top. After it’s dry, you can coat it with aluminum-fiber.

Answered: 2019-08-17 05:08:03

I found this description while I was researching how to patch a hole in flat roof. You can begin by cutting and lifting up the two sides of the crack. Use trowel to go under damaged area. Then, you can apply the roofing cement. You should make sure to cover six or more inches or the hole. Then, put fiberglass mesh in cement and apply more cement then use trowel and then you can remove damage with knife and remove piece. You can use the piece as a template to cut out the patch. Then, spread roofing cement into what you cut and spread it around and then place the patch in the wet cement. Finally, you cut another patch about 6 inches longer and wider and place it on another set of cement. And spread more cement on top and apply a coat of aluminum-fiber coating on top.

Answered: 2019-08-18 12:34:43

If you have a hole in your flat roof, you should start by cutting the area and lifting the sides to put cement on the damage. Then, you can put fiberglass mesh on top and put more cement on top. Then, cut around damaged area and remove it. Then, you can create a new patch with the cutout. Put more cement on area and put the patch on top of it. Then, you can cut a new patch that’s 6 inches longer on each side. Next, you should put more cement on top and then put second patch on with more cement on it. When all of that is all dry, you can finally finish the job by putting some aluminum-fiber coating on top.

Answered: 2019-08-18 05:42:16

You can cut and life two sides of the surrounding hole. Then, apply cement on the damaged area. Put fiberglass mesh on cement and apply another layer of roofing cement on top. Then, you can use a utility knife to cut rectangle shape around damaged area and remove it. Then, create a new patch with the cutout as a template. Next, you can apply more roofing cement on the area and place patch on top. But you have to cut out a new patch that’s bigger than the other one by 6 inches on each side. Then, apply more cement and place second patch with more cement on top. After it’s dry, you can then put aluminum-fiber coating on top.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers