Login as a User

How to seal a concrete roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. How to seal a concrete roof
Asked: 2019-10-23 22:56:05
Can someone please tell me how I seal a concrete roof? I was told I'd have to do this every year. I had a different roof at my old house. I have my eldest son to help me if it's a two-person job. Helpful replies only please.

Answered: 2019-10-25 19:37:37

Prep the surface first. Clean the roof with muratic acid and be super careful with it. The acid cleans out the pores in the concrete and etches the surface to ensure good adhesion of the paint. Then rinse the whole area with water. Make sure that you leave the concrete to dry. Then get a two-part epoxy and apply that.

Answered: 2019-10-24 11:18:07

You could get a permanent sealer? These last for ages, so you won't have to do it yearly. They are made from silicon and what you're looking for is penetrating concrete sealers and you should put it on with spray (so you might need to buy the sprayer too).

Answered: 2019-10-24 17:23:03

Get some EPDM. It's like rubber sheeting. It cost me around $280 to buy the material for our roof and it's really easy to apply. There's dozens of videos if you google putting down EPDM and it is great to waterproof your roof.

Answered: 2019-10-24 10:07:21

Have you ever come across doityourself.com? I'm a single mother of 4 and I have used it for everything from putting in spot lights to sealing my roof, so I highly recommend it. I've put in the right link here for you too.description

Answered: 2019-10-24 21:13:20

You don't have to apply sealant annually. A good sealant should actually last about 5 years. However, you should inspect your roof and if there's moss or other debris up there, give it a good clean with the hose. I have an acrylic sealer but you can use an epoxy or polyurethane one, they should all be available in your local home improvement store.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers