Login as a User

how do you drain a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how do you drain a flat roof
Asked: 2019-09-08 15:43:05
Do any of you all know how to drain a flat roof? This sounds really complicated to me so I'd thought I'd ask some people who might know more about this kind of stuff.

Answered: 2019-09-10 04:41:50

You can install an inner drain on your flat roof since it can help drain rainwater on your roof without freezing or cracking in the winter since the pipes are protected from the cold weather. However, you can also install rain gutters especially since they are affordable and easy to install.

Answered: 2019-09-10 07:21:06

Curiosity had me looking this up and finding this description and it explains how there are 3 main ways to effectively drain flat roofs. Rain gutters are cheaper and easy to install and it keeps water from pooling on the roof. You can also install an inner drain and it can be good for wintertime since it won’t freeze up or crack. Scuppers are another low cost way to drain the flat roof since it shoots water away from the building.

Answered: 2019-09-09 22:04:08

You can install rain gutters, inner drains, or scuppers if you can to help with draining the water on your flat roof. Of course, you will have to make sure the rain gutter isn’t clogged or whatever to make sure that water doesn’t pool on your roof. You can always call a professional to install one or all of these options for you too.

Answered: 2019-09-10 05:53:33

If you need a good drain for your flat roof, I’d suggest getting a rain gutter if you don’t already have one. They are easy to install and cheaper than other options. You might have to clean and unclog it sometimes but it’s worth it in the end since it will help drain any water on your flat roof.

Answered: 2019-09-08 16:50:59

Installing rain gutters, inner drains, and scuppers can be great at effectively draining the water on flat roofs. These type of drains keep water off the roof and make the flat roof last longer. However, gutters can be annoying to have if you don’t have screens since you have to clean them out and make sure nothing is clogging it.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers