Login as a User

how to build a flat roof extension

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a flat roof extension
Asked: 2019-11-18 12:51:46
Hello, I recently bought a new house and it currently needs some reforms to be ok. There are many internal issues to solve, but I know how to handle most of them. The reform that is worrying me the most is a flat roof extension. I have never done it before now, so I'm concerned. I want to do it so that I can extend the building and create a new room, but there are windows on the second floor and normal roofs would end up blocking them. Can you guys explain to me how to build a flat roof extension? It would help a lot, thanks.

Answered: 2019-11-20 12:04:58

Everybody is giving some good hints here, so I would like to point out that you can make your flat roof extension even better by making it a green roof. You can find plenty of information on description . Not only green roofs look great, but they also have higher rainfall retention.

Answered: 2019-11-18 20:04:11

Flat roofs are pretty great when can’t block your windows, really. Most flat roofs are made from roofing timbers or steel, which is a pretty important choice. In any case, people often build them into walls, so that they are more stable. One of the ends will be on the wall and the other one will generally be at least two or three posts in the opposite direction. Joists are used on top of the posts to hold the ceiling. Hiring an expert and buying good, durable material is the secret for a great flat roof extension.

Answered: 2019-11-19 14:00:33

A flat roof extension can be very simple to install. First, set up the foundation of the extension and make sure that it’s pretty solid. After that, you’ll need to install the joists and the rafters. They will be the base of the flat roof. Materials for the roof include PVC, felt and others, so choose the best one for you. If you need walls, you’ll also need a lot of plywood for them. Hiring an expert may be important because he will do all the calculations that will determine how to set up the joists so that the ceiling will not fall.

Answered: 2019-11-20 11:10:23

Flat roofs are not that hard to build, you just really need someone who understands them well, so don’t do it all by yourself. The most important aspect of the construction is the structure, which can be done with timber or steel. If you are going to use timber, you may want to waterproof it to avoid any accidents when it rains. Steel is more resistant than timber in this case.

Answered: 2019-11-18 16:28:41

There are many tiny details in any construction, but some points are fundamental. The first step to create an extension would be to calculate well the distance between the posts and find quality material for the joists. Flat roofs extensions are built into the existing building, but they need to be stable on both ends. To achieve this stability, you need either timber or steel for the joists. The material needs to be strong enough to support the weight of the roof.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers