Login as a User

how to paint a metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to paint a metal roof
Asked: 2019-05-23 21:25:57
I'm all about making my house prettier these days, now that I have the money to spend on more luxuries. Anyway, I wanted to paint my metal roof. How does someone paint a metal roof?

Answered: 2019-05-23 23:57:40

I hate painting, so I get my brother to do it for me. He usually cleans the metal roof with a powerwasher and then uses some kind of acrylic paint and primer. He applies it using a good quality airless sprayer that I bought a few years ago. You should use primer since it can help with rust and stuff. Also, I got a white paint since it can help my house stay cooler in the summer.

Answered: 2019-05-24 04:10:17

I was researching about painting roofs and found this description that says you can use acrylic latex paint to paint on metal roofs. You can use a roller or a paintbrush that has been designed to work on corrugated metal. Of course, you can also use an airless sprayer to do it faster. However, some paints out there also have additional benefits like fire resistance or repel against bugs.

Answered: 2019-05-25 16:47:28

I usually clean my roof if it's dirty, then I apply acrylic latex paint and some primer. You can probably use a light color if you want a cooler home. Then, I usually use an airless sprayer since they are a lot faster. Just don't do it during a windy day or it won't work as good.

Answered: 2019-05-24 22:54:40

Most people clean the metal if it isn’t new to make sure it doesn’t mess with the paint you are going to apply. Then, find a good acrylic latex paint and a primer since primer bonds with the metal better than the paint. You can also use a paintbrush or roller that’s good for painting on corrugated metal. However, I usually use an airless sprayer since they are faster and that’s less time for me to fall off the roof.

Answered: 2019-05-24 05:13:52

You can wait 6 months before painting a new metal roof. Or you can use a powerwasher if you have to clean off mold, mildew, and other stuff that can effect the paint. Then, apply the paint and primer with a paint brush or roller that's designed to be used on corrugated metal. Or you can use an airless sprayer since it's faster and does a better job.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers