Login as a User

How to replace concrete roof diy

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. How to replace concrete roof diy
Asked: 2019-08-09 15:51:23
I want to replace a concrete roof by myself. We've bought a house that we're going to do up ourselves and flip, but I've never dealt with a concrete roof. Advice would be appreciated.

Answered: 2019-08-11 16:25:45

It's not the easiest. I mean, you could take off the concrete roof that's there and put on something else easier. Concrete just isn't an easy material to work with. Even taking off concrete tiles is laborious enough. I understand that you're trying to save money, but I'd fork out the money for a pro on this one.

Answered: 2019-08-10 14:03:59

So, I'd imagine that you are talking about a few tiles rather than the whole roof. (If it's the whole roof, I'd tend to agree with the poster above). Here's some tips from a proper roofer: description to be honest he should have a harness on though.

Answered: 2019-08-10 08:48:48

It's a lengthy process, I can tell you that. I'm not going to type it all out here, but I have got you a link to someone who has explained it far better than I ever could. Good luck with the project, sounds like you've taken on a lot. description

Answered: 2019-08-10 19:33:45

Replace a whole roof? Are you completely mad? I genuinely think that you are asking for trouble trying to do this. There are so many things that can go wrong, from placing the tiles wrong and having to start over, to choosing the wrong materials. Then there's the fact that it's not safe for amateurs to be messing around on roofs!

Answered: 2019-08-09 21:13:29

You're taking on quite the job with installing a new concrete roof. Consider safety as paramount here. So, you'll have to fork out a certain amount on safety equipment, but I imagine you'll use that in other scenarios when you're building a house. Also, think about underlay - this is so important for heating and cooling of the house, and it will add value. You haven't said the slope of the roof, so it's likely you'll need metal battens to hold the tiles in place across the roof. You can nail tiles into the battens. Take care on the overlapping as messing this up can mess up the whole job.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers