Login as a User

how to work on a steep pitched roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to work on a steep pitched roof
Asked: 2019-11-27 21:17:07
My roof has a very steep pitch and I have a few shingles that need to be replaced because they are damaged. I know how to replace the shingles, but I donā€™t know how to get to them with the pitch of the roof being so high. Is there any way to reach the shingles on my steep roof safely without having to worry about falling off accidentally?

Answered: 2019-11-29 04:51:57

You should only do work on a high-pitched roof if the shingles are located around the perimeter of your roof. If you actually have to climb onto your roof to do the repairs, hire a professional to do the repairs for you. They have the knowledge and experience to ensure that the job is done well and safely.

Answered: 2019-11-28 23:57:13

You can rent scaffolding from a home improvement store and set it up next to the area that needs to be repaired. This provides you with a solid base to stand on and a place where you can put your materials and tools so that you donā€™t have to climb up and down as you are trying to make the repairs.

Answered: 2019-11-28 19:50:52

When I had areas of my high-pitched roof that needed to be repaired, I used a roofing harness. I used description to learn how to secure the harness properly and it allowed me to move all over the roof without any worry about falling off of it. The harness was adjustable to ensure that it was secure and comfortable.

Answered: 2019-11-28 06:31:49

There are roofing ladders that are designed specifically for roofing repairs. They have hooks built onto the top of the legs that secure to the edge of the roof. This keeps the ladder in place as you do repairs on the roof. They are often quite heavy so you may need to enlist help to carry the ladder though.

Answered: 2019-11-28 16:40:23

There are shoes that have spikes on them that you can wear when you go on the roof. The spikes dig into the shingles on the roof to provide you with extra grip to allow you to walk around safely on the roof. There are also shoe covers that you can use that are cheaper than roofing shoes if you only need to go on your roof every once in a while.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers