Login as a User

how to put on a metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to put on a metal roof
Asked: 2019-07-27 09:54:43
My brother is remodeling his house to make his perfect dream house come to fruition with the new wife. So, I wondered if anyone on here knows how to put on a metal roof? His wife wants this house fancier and sturdier than the last.

Answered: 2019-07-27 22:44:22

He should get a professional to put a metal roof on, unless you’ve done it before. However, if he does decide to do it on his own, he needs to figure out which type of metal material to use and the measurements for the roof. Then, he can install the edging with some nails and then install the metal material like the panels or shingles. Next, he can install the roof ventilation. Lastly, the flashing is last, which is what keeps rainwater from staying on the roof.

Answered: 2019-07-28 15:38:40

It can be a long process if you install a metal roof yourself. However, you can start by clearing away the old roof and fixing any repairs needed. Then, you should measure it if you haven’t yet to get the right measurements for the metal material. He should install the edging next with nails then install the metal material. Next, he can put int the roof ventilation, and then he can finally finish by installing the flashing.

Answered: 2019-07-28 16:50:21

I found this description after researching how to install your own metal roof. After you figure out what materials to use and the measurements, you can clear away damaged old shingles and do any repairs. Then, you install edging with nails and then install the metal material you want to use. You can get a kit to install the roof ventilation next. Finally, you can install the flashing, which will help move rainwater and keep roof dry.

Answered: 2019-07-29 09:25:18

You can tell him to figure out what kind of metal roof he wants. He can shop for the material after getting the measurements. Then, he will want to install the edging, which you can use nails to do that. Then, you can install the metal material you got. Installing the roof ventilation is the next thing to do, but that you can get a kit for. And then you should put in the flashing.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers