Login as a User

how to fix a flat roof in the winter

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to fix a flat roof in the winter
Asked: 2019-08-10 04:52:57
The last thing I want to do this winter is go fix my flat roof but I've sprung a leak and need to know how to fix my flat roof in the middle of winter. I live in the midwest so I have some good days without snow or rain but not sure for how long.

Answered: 2019-08-11 09:33:26

I used EPDM rubber patches. If you have some small holes or leaks you can use the 6x9" patches or cut 6x6" squares for the 10 foot roll. Apply the EPDM primer with a 2 inch brush where the patch will be installed. Dry the primer with a heat gun and apply the patch. Don't put the patch on wet primer or it won't work. That'll hold you until spring. description

Answered: 2019-08-10 05:58:39

There's a lot of temporary material that will stall or temporarily stop an active winter leak. Make sure you use some of the ones your hardware store recommends or a professional roofer even if you have to put it on yourself due to cost. I add some rigid foam for holes and leaks until the spring. description

Answered: 2019-08-11 04:18:00

What I try to do is quickly find out what's going on and if theres any drainage issues or debris that's blocking anyone on my roof. That means I have to look into the pockets for cracked or “alligatored” surfaces, which may indicate I need a new application of roofing sealant or tar or whatever I'm using. description

Answered: 2019-08-11 01:11:27

Get on your flat roof, make it brief and get it overwith. If it was me I'd use some rubber patches that will prevent any snow or water infiltration. They help any weak surface on your roof. Another way you can do it is thorugh a cold weather sealant or on your seams if that's where you leak is coming in at. description

Answered: 2019-08-11 07:36:11

The best thing you can use in flat roof repairs in the chill of winter is EPDM patch or some TPO patches that work on all flat roofs. It will get you through until the spring when you can do an inventory and figure out what you need to do next to replace or repair your flat roof. description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers