Login as a User

how to tarp a flat roof without nails

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to tarp a flat roof without nails
Asked: 2019-11-30 20:55:32
I noticed that my roof is leaking a little bit and I can’t afford to have it repaired yet. I know that I have seen people have tarps on their roofs and I’m not sure how they keep the tarps in place. I know that you shouldn’t use nails to keep the tarps on the roof, but what do you do to keep it from blowing off?

Answered: 2019-11-30 22:06:36

When I had a small leak start developing on my roof, I looked at description and found out that I was able to stop the leak from causing more damage by tarping the area. I followed the directions and was able to keep the leak from getting worse until I could afford to get the repairs done professionally.

Answered: 2019-12-02 02:42:50

You don’t want to use nails because they will create holes in the roof. Instead, just put something heavy around the edges of the tarp to keep it from blowing away. Some people use bricks or even paving stones. As long as they have some weight to them, they will keep the tarp in place.

Answered: 2019-12-01 00:43:45

Get a tarp that is just a few feet larger than the place that is leaking. Put big rocks around the edges of the tarp to keep it from sliding off the roof or getting blown away by wind. Make sure that there are no gaps between the rocks to keep it secure.

Answered: 2019-12-02 03:45:00

You could probably use some really strong, waterproof tape to keep the tarp in place. Since it’s only going to be on there for a short period of time, tape should work for you. I’d make sure to put it around the entire edge of the tarp to keep it secure.

Answered: 2019-12-01 13:10:58

Depending on the size of the damaged area, a tarp may not be enough to stop more damage from taking place. You may need to have a roofer come take a look at the roof before you actually decide to tarp the area or not. Roofers will provide you with an estimate for what repairs will cost for free. This allows you to find out how serious the damage is before you even try to tarp the area.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers