Login as a User

How to make a pitched roof in sketchup

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. How to make a pitched roof in sketchup
Asked: 2019-10-21 01:51:02
Who has used Sketchup? Can you tell me how to make a pitched roof?

Answered: 2019-10-23 02:15:34

I think you need a visual for this, and this one is the best one I've found. description I think Justin is really clear on these roofs.

Answered: 2019-10-21 23:28:46

You've asked quite an open question there. We don't know the angles or how thick you want it. If you can qualify this a little bit more, then I could probably give you better advice. Drawing the lines is super easy, and remember you're just creating shapes. The protractor tool is also easy to use.

Answered: 2019-10-21 05:05:11

Here's some handy steps: First, create an odd shaped building, so, not a square. Then, use the Pencil to draw a straight line that goes off the building that you created at a perpendicular angle. After that, click on the Protractor tool, making sure that you are looking bang on the screen. Click the first point on the end of your line, the second point on the top of the roof and the third point above them. Then type 45 for the angle. Create a triangle surface. Wherever you want the peak at, draw a line from there, along the guideline, along the roof. Click on the path (roof surface) to select, then click on the Follow Me tool and click on the profile (triangle roof piece). This will create the roof over the structure, to include the eaves. If everything is going to plan, you will see some structures on the roof. Triple click on the roof, so that it is all selected.Right click on the selection and select Intersect >> Intersect with Model. Now, click on your eraser tool and erase the parts of the roof that you don't want. This should get you through it.

Answered: 2019-10-21 04:23:46

With a pitched roof, you need to set the roof pitch to something specific. There are a few ways you can do this. If you know the pitch, then you can use the Protractor tool to place a guideline at that pitch by typing it in. If you have it as an angle, then you can set the guideline at that angle. I think Sketchup just requires a bit of practice, there's nothing scary about it.

Answered: 2019-10-21 19:03:01

You do realize that Sketchup has its own forum man? That's where you'll find the real nerds who know their stuff on this. Asking here is all very well, but when a site has its very own forum (and surely google could have told you that) then I recommend that you go right there and ask it.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers