Login as a User

how many concrete roof tiles per square

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how many concrete roof tiles per square
Asked: 2019-04-21 13:12:26
A friend of mine said he would help me retile my roof. This is great but he also told me to have the supplies ready when he gets here. I have an idea of how many tiles i need but they obviously don’t come in singles. I need to know how many tiles are in a square so i know how many squares to buy. Thanks for your help!

Answered: 2019-04-23 09:03:32

As a roofer, i’ve never sat down and counted exactly how many concrete tiles come in a square. I can tell you that a roofing square is one hundred square feet. I can also tell you that you can expect around 30 tiles in a bundle and there are typically three bundles per square. This will mean that a roofing square will contain about 90 concrete tiles.

Answered: 2019-04-23 10:56:56

Roofing squares are broken up into bundles to make them easier to maneuver. Each bundle contains a fair number of tiles (usually around 27-30.) Your square might have three bundles or it might have four. For these purposes, let’s average the number of tiles to 28.5 and round up to 29. So, 29 tiles per bundle, and you have 3 or 4 of them. (29x3=87 or 29x4=116) This means you can have anywhere from 87 to 116 concrete tiles in a square.

Answered: 2019-04-22 11:37:53

One roofing square is 100 square feet and typically there are three bundles per square but this might depend on the size of your shingle… if you happen to be using concrete tiles that are 12 inches by 36 inches, (which is pretty standard) you can expect to have about 33 tiles per bundle… So, you basically end up with approximately 99 square feet because construction is weird. Here’s a roofing calculator to help you figure out exactly what you need description

Answered: 2019-04-23 11:44:11

I’m not a professional or anything, but if you’re really needing to know exactly how many tiles come in each roofing square, you might rethink this project. It’s probably better to let a professional handle it. Even with your friend’s help, i don’t see this ending well.

Answered: 2019-04-23 13:03:24

Kudos to your friend for helping you out. I sure hope he knows what he’s doing because you apparently don’t! Anyway, the number of tiles in a square can vary based on the style and size of the tiles. With that said, you can normally expect 85-90 tiles per square, and you generally want about 10% more than what you actually need to cover for any broken materials or screw-ups along the way.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers