Login as a User

what does a pitched roof look like

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. what does a pitched roof look like
Asked: 2019-08-16 21:09:21
I'm super excited that my husband and I are finally building our dream home after years of hard work and saving up. Now we are finally ready, and we are looking at different design options and elements. I'm wondering what a pitched roof looks like and if this would be a better value for our home? I'm so new to all of this.

Answered: 2019-08-18 16:16:34

There are benefits to every type of roof, and it really depends on how you want your house to look. I personally prefer the look of pitched roofs, which have an angle. If you want to look at different possible designs for your house then speak to your architect and have them draw both pitched roof and flat roof designs. Then you can choose!

Answered: 2019-08-18 10:50:31

A pitched roof is a roof that has an angle. I'd say that pitched roofs are definitely more popular than flat roofs. It depends on where you live but yes, pitched roofs give you more living space and a dynamic design. If you take a look at other houses, you'll see some inspiration for pitched roofs.

Answered: 2019-08-16 23:06:09

How exciting that you're working on your dream house! Well done to you on saving up and making the most of this opportunity. Keep in mind that a pitched roof has an angle to it, while a flat roof does not. Think about some of your favorite houses you've seen, and what the roof looked like. You can use this to inspire your dream house!

Answered: 2019-08-17 11:02:48

The pitch of a roof is its angle. You can experiment with different pitches, but you need a professional builder and/or architect working with you. They can show you the potential and what would suit the property and your desired house size. Hopefully you will enjoy this process and get the dream house you've always wanted!

Answered: 2019-08-17 02:14:12

Have you hired an architect yet? I think that would be a phenomenal use of your time and money, and there's more than 130,000 working architects in America as the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

We want to listen to your answers