Login as a User

how to build a concrete roof underground

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a concrete roof underground
Asked: 2019-06-26 00:18:52
I have an underground shelter that is designed for the boogaloo of 2020. I seriously think that the world as we know it may be ending or at least the US will enter WWIII. To prepare my family, I’d love to put a concrete roof on my underground shelter. How do I go about doing this?

Answered: 2019-06-26 10:32:38

Before doing anything at all, make sure you have the right permit or license! Just saying, cause otherwise your city might make you tear down all your hard work. Anyway, after you’ve gotten your permit, check out this tutorial, specifically the part about building the roof! description

Answered: 2019-06-26 18:33:39

Once you’ve gotten most of your shelter built, top it off with plywood, make a frame with two by fours to hold the concrete and then pour whatever concrete you can find. It’s underground so you know it’s gonna get wet and probably full of dirt. No need to do anything special.

Answered: 2019-06-26 22:01:07

Definitely get a permit before doing anything. Once you do that, ask your friends and family about what companies they recommend for roofing. Call those companies and ask if they do this type of project. If they don’t ask for a referral, if they do, ask for an estimate. Be sure to get at least a few estimates in order to ensure you’re getting the best price!

Answered: 2019-06-27 16:45:30

Skip the concrete and instead just put beams to support the earth and prevent it from collapsing. This is so much more eco-friendly and you can avoid having the hassle of dealing with concrete. Also, you shouldn’t need a permit at all to do something as simple as this!

Answered: 2019-06-26 05:06:31

I would not try this project by myself, but that’s my personal opinion. Either ask a friend who is familiar with underground concrete roofs or call a professional. If you do this incorrectly, your entire shelter or basement or whatever it is could collapse on you/your family/your stuff!

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers