Login as a User

why do concrete roof tiles crack

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. why do concrete roof tiles crack
Asked: 2019-10-20 22:48:47
I need to have the roof on my house replaced and I am thinking about using roofing tiles instead of shingles. I know that they last a really long time and look great, but I also know that they are prone to cracking. What causes the tiles to break and what can be done to prevent it from happening?

Answered: 2019-10-21 16:02:05

Exposure to the elements can cause roofing tiles to become damaged. If they are subjected to a lot of falling limbs or heavy ice or snow, it could cause the tiles to become loose and slide off the roof. Falling limbs can also cause the tiles to chip or crack.

Answered: 2019-10-21 20:12:40

The most common reason for concrete roofing tiles cracking is something hitting them. They are not designed to withstand a lot of weight so anything falling or stepping on them can cause them to be damaged. Also, when they are brand new, they are far more fragile than they are later on down the road.

Answered: 2019-10-21 22:01:24

I read on description that the most common reason for roofing tiles cracking is someone walking on them. It’s important to avoid walking on the tiles if at all possible. If someone does have to go on your roof, their weight could cause cracks to develop in the tiles and they’ll need to be replaced.

Answered: 2019-10-22 06:41:35

If the roof flashing isn’t installed properly, it can cause the tiles to crack and break over time. This is because water can collect and pool under the concrete tiles and cause damage to the structural integrity of the roof beneath them. The flashing needs to be installed properly in order to allow water to drain from the roof properly.

Answered: 2019-10-21 16:54:08

The best way to ensure that your roofing tiles last as long as possible is to have them professionally installed. If the tiles aren’t installed properly, they can slide down the roof and become damaged. It also ensures that they are secured to each other well to prevent leaks from happening.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers