Login as a User

can you convert a pitched roof to a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. can you convert a pitched roof to a flat roof
Asked: 2019-12-20 03:35:45
Help! Our roof is caving in. There's definite problems with our roof, and now we need to undergo some serious renovations. My wife, who's way more handy than I am, seems to be considering switching our pitched roof to a flat roof in the process. Is this even possible? I've never heard of this before, but if it is a possibility I want to get a better idea of what to expect moving forward.

Answered: 2019-12-20 10:35:22

Roofing problems are no fun, but you really want to get these things taken care of sooner rather than later. Don't wait around like I did because then there can be more damage and issues then there were to begin with. I know the costs can seem a bit confronting at first but it certainly beats paying three times that much when the problems worsen and there's more work to do. Your roofer will tell you the same thing that I'm saying now: a pitched roof is better than a flat roof and you shouldn't go backward. Hope this helps you!

Answered: 2019-12-21 08:55:06

If you're having problems with your roof I can't stress enough how much better it is to just call in a roofing contractor. Your roof is one of the biggest parts of your home and you don't want to risk its integrity and stability by doing shoddy, inexperienced work. I learned this the hard way unfortunately but you don't have to. Your roofer will tell you how much better it is to stick with your current pitched roof rather than converting to a flat roof.

Answered: 2019-12-20 13:12:07

It's great that you're on top of your roofing troubles and trying to find solutions - that sure beats ignoring them and waiting for the problem to solve itself which won't happen. You don't say what kind of pitched roof you have, but as the U.S. National Park Service

Answered: 2019-12-22 03:44:00

Yikes that doesn't sound good. I think you need to get a roofing contractor in there right away to take a closer look. My husband made the mistake of thinking that our roofing problems weren't that concerning, and we ended up paying the price. That being said we had a flat roof and we ended up changing to a pitched roof. The pitched roof is much better and I don't know why you would want to switch the other way around. Talk to your roofer and they will help you with the best solutions for you.

Answered: 2019-12-21 06:30:00

Hey mate, yes you can do that, but it would be a lot of work and I wouldn't think it's worth it. A pitched roof is typically way better than a flat roof, so I wouldn't be trying to go backward. I'd say you're better off bringing in a licensed roofing contractor to look at your roof and get the problems sorted sooner rather than later.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers