Login as a User

how to seal metal roof seams

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to seal metal roof seams
Asked: 2019-03-21 13:08:28
Can anyone tell me about sealing up metal roof seams. I am trying to figure out how to do this to see if it's too complicated for my son to do for me. He has some experience with roofing but if it's too complicated, I might just hire someone else.

Answered: 2019-03-23 07:22:59

Most people just seal those seams up with some butyl tape and waterproof roof caulk. It can give you some long lasting water-repelling protection since the water shouldn’t seep through after applying this stuff to all the seams you can find on your roof. However, some people also use a quality topcoat sealer on top after they are done.

Answered: 2019-03-23 05:46:57

You can find all the seams you can on your metal roof. Then, you can use butyl tape and caulk to help seal those seams in. It will prevent water from seeping under the metal material. However, you might also want to use some kind of topcoat sealer to help decrease the heat from the sun.

Answered: 2019-03-23 12:49:10

It might not be too difficult for your son to do. All he has to do is apply butyl tape and waterproof roof caulk to those seams. That can help stop the water from going underneath those metal materials. He can also put some topcoat sealer on it too to make your house more cooler in the summer.

Answered: 2019-03-22 01:41:23

I figured a website that has some good information about sealing metal roof seams. This website description says that you can seal it by applying butyl tape and waterproof roof caulk to all the seams that you can find. You can also put some quality topcoat sealer to help reflect heat from the sun.

Answered: 2019-03-22 08:35:11

You could hire someone else, but you could ask your son if he can do it for you if he has enough experience not to harm himself in the process. If it’s too difficult, it shouldn’t be too hard to find a professional near you. If he does do it, he can apply butyl tape and waterproof roof caulk to the seams on your roof.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers