Login as a User

how to repair a flat rubber roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to repair a flat rubber roof
Asked: 2019-12-27 08:51:54
During the last big storm, I noticed that my roof started leaking a little bit. I’m afraid that the damage is going to keep getting bigger if I don’t do something before the next storm. I have a flat rubber roof. Is there an easy way to repair a small leak or do I need to hire a roofer to make the repairs for me? I’d like to spend as little money as possible for the repairs.

Answered: 2019-12-27 22:15:55

While repairing a rubber roof isn’t overly difficult to do, it can be hard to know what you are doing if you haven’t done it before in the past. You may want to watch a video or ask a friend for help to ensure that you are able to remove it without causing more damage to your roof than you have to.

Answered: 2019-12-29 03:17:39

When I had a leak on my roof, I used these directions description. It made it easy to know what areas of the roof I had to remove and how to replace them so that I could stop the damage from spreading and keep the roof from leaking the next time it rained.

Answered: 2019-12-28 15:21:11

You simply need to remove the damaged area of your roof and replace it. You can do that by cutting out the areas that are damaged, replacing the substrate board and then adding enough rubber roofing to replace the area that you removed. This should keep the roof from leaking in the future.

Answered: 2019-12-28 10:31:40

There are patch kits for rubber roofs that you can get at a home improvement store. The kits provide detailed directions on how to patch the roof. This should make it easy for you to be able to do it yourself and the kits are typically very affordably priced compared to hiring a roofer.

Answered: 2019-12-28 01:19:02

You need to have a roofer come out and look at the roof. You want to be sure that there aren’t other damaged areas that need to be repaired. If you only repair one area, it’s only a matter of time before another area starts to leak if it’s damaged too. A roofer will be able to find and repair the issues for you quickly and easily.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers