Login as a User

how to measure for a metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to measure for a metal roof
Asked: 2019-04-06 13:16:17
Ugh, I might have too much on my plate to handle with my younger brother helping me build a metal roof. But, I'm going to try and pull it off. However, first snag is measuring for a metal roof. So, how do I measure for a metal roof?

Answered: 2019-04-06 18:48:32

You should draw out a sketch of what your roof looks like with a ruler to make straight lines. Then, you can measure each side, dimensions of chimneys and other things, and even how pitch or slope of the roof. Write all the measurements down correctly to make sure you have it right for the professionals you hire.

Answered: 2019-04-07 17:32:24

You can get a piece of paper and draw a rough drawing of what your roof looks like. You can use a ruler to get straight lines, then you can write down the correct measurements for every side. You should also include the pitch or slope measurements of your roof as well. Add any other things that are on your roof like your chimney.

Answered: 2019-04-06 15:45:04

I was researching how to measure for a metal roof and found this description which tells people to draw a rough sketch of your house on a piece of paper. It doesn’t have to be to scale. It just need straight lines and accurate measurements written down. You also need to draw in fireplaces or roof vents with accurate measurements. You should also write down the roof pitch or slope of the roof.

Answered: 2019-04-07 14:20:38

You can figure out your measurements with a buddy by using a tape measure or another tool. Then, you can sketch what your roof looks like with correct measurements. Then, you can also add the dimensions of your chimney or roof vents you might have up there. I hope this helps you!

Answered: 2019-04-07 01:18:01

You can have someone help you with a tape measure to figure out the correct dimensions if you don’t already know them. Then, you should draw a rough scale of everything on a piece of paper with accurate measurements. It doesn’t have to be pretty but you can use a ruler to get straight lines.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers