Login as a User

how to repair metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to repair metal roof
Asked: 2019-06-18 05:16:28
I was researching how to repair metal roofs for a research paper of mine. I know it's a weird topic but what can you do? Anyway, I was hoping some of you might know how you can repair a metal roof? I know there are probably several ways, so if you could give me some ideas on what I can write about that would be great.

Answered: 2019-06-18 09:47:54

I came across this site as I was researching description " > description and it says there are different ways to repair a metal roof. It depends on the repairs that’s needed. If you have heavily corroded or missing fastener, then you can replace them with new butyl rubber washer and then cover it up with caulk to seal it properly. Then, once the sealant is dry, you can cover it up with the roof coating.

Answered: 2019-06-19 04:37:13

You can repair small rust areas if your metal roofing has any kind of rust on it. You can sand, grind, or scrub it out with a wire brush. After that you can put some primer or some rust inhibitor of the area. But it should be recoated to make sure it’s good enough.

Answered: 2019-06-19 07:07:51

If you are repairing the corroded or any missing fasteners, then you can start by replacing it with a new butyl rubber washer. You should cover it with caulk with the right kind of sealant. After it’s dry and set, then you can cover it with roof coating. I hope this helps you with your research paper.

Answered: 2019-06-19 16:35:16

You If there’s a small hole in the metal roofing, then you can repair it with membrane. You should start this process out by cleaning around the area that you are going to the repair and then you can coat it with some good aluminum-based roof coating. Coat both sides of the seam, but cover the hole with asphalt-impregnated glass-membrane fabric before it can dry. It should be bigger than the hole by at least two inches or so and then you should coat again.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers