Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof patio cover

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof patio cover
Asked: 2019-12-11 10:18:50
I’m all about aesthetics and find that pitched roofs look far better than flat ones. My patio needs some type of cover or shade which means that i will need to build a roof. Of course, that roof is going to have to be pitched in order for my patio to continue looking as awesome as it currently does. How do I build a pitched roof as my patio cover? Any tips would be helpful!

Answered: 2019-12-12 03:43:15

Why would you want to even bother building a roof? Just ask a professional to make sure it comes out correctly and you don’t damage your existing patio or have problems further down the line. If you really wanna do it yourself, consider just building a flat roof. I know they don’t look the way you want but they’re a lot easier and less dangerous to build yourself.

Answered: 2019-12-11 11:56:33

Given your name, I’m assuming you’re a woman. Not that a woman can’t build a roof but you might be better off asking your neighbors or your husband. This is mainly because roofing can be dangerous and the materials heavy. Wouldn’t want you getting hurt ;)

Answered: 2019-12-12 01:12:47

Building a pitched roof as a patio cover is no different than building it anywhere else. You’re going to use some power tools and its gonna take some time. Make an A-frame over your patio. If the area is small enough you might not even need supports in the middle, just make sure that the plywood has somewhere to be nailed into. Then add whatever roofing materials you’re using

Answered: 2019-12-13 02:22:14

Forget all of the advice you’ve heard thus far. Here is by far the best tutorial on how to build a roof over literally anything. description Yes, it’ll take some work and some time, but you can do it; it’s not rocket science.

Answered: 2019-12-11 12:45:23

For a simple pitched roof, design an A-frame with a support beam going down the middle and a few beams in between the endpoints. Lay 2x4s across, perpendicular to the other beams. Securely attach plywood with wood screws, lay felt, add shingles. Check this out for further instructions: description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers