Login as a User

how much weight can a concrete roof hold

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how much weight can a concrete roof hold
Asked: 2019-09-26 07:59:05
I live in an area that sees a lot of snowfall in the winter. I’ve already had one roof cave in on me due to the weight of the snow and have gotten it repaired just enough to get by. I know I’ll need a new roof here soon which means I’m beginning to do research on all my options. I never really thought much about a concrete roof but I’m starting to like the idea of one. My one concern is how much weight can it hold?

Answered: 2019-09-27 07:28:32

Your concrete roof should be able to hold the weight of the snow, no problem. Don’t put too much thought into it. If there’s a problem, just claim it on insurance and be done with it. If you’re that worried, just use one of the tools to get the snow off.

Answered: 2019-09-26 17:56:29

If I were you, I’d consider another material other than concrete. Metal or slate roofs are popular in areas with a lot of snow. You can expect less damage and these materials are a bit more resistant to the snow melting which creates a lot of water (concrete roofs often grow mold)

Answered: 2019-09-26 22:25:43

For a sturdy material like concrete, you can expect your roof to hold about 27-30 pounds per square foot. This may increase or decrease based on the thickness of your rood and if the load is dead or live (basically, a dead load is stationary and always there whereas a live load is only temporary. This site might give you a little more information: description

Answered: 2019-09-27 01:12:40

A concrete roof will hold a fair amount of weight. Unfortunately, unless we know all of the details about how it was constructed, the type of support it has, and how thick it is, I don’t think an accurate answer is likely. Best option would be to ask the person who is going to install it

Answered: 2019-09-27 12:12:53

A roofing contractor can give you a far better idea about how much weight a concrete roof will hold. They’ll also probably give you an idea of what materials are best for super snowy weather. I’d definitely get a few opinions on the best type of roof and how much it can hold from several companies before trusting some random person online.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers