Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof on a bay window

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof on a bay window
Asked: 2019-03-31 07:36:33
My husband is trying to improve his DIY skills. His latest endeavor is an attempt to put a pitched roof over the bay window in our living room. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions that may make this project easier? I don't want things to get out of control for him!

Answered: 2019-04-01 16:48:00

Your husband sounds like a very handy man, you better keep him around! Haha just kidding but to be serious, you need to make sure he uses the proper tools to make his measurements. Even the brightest ideas for a bay window roofing project can't be realized if you measure incorrectly to start. The more accurate your measurements, the better off you will be.

Answered: 2019-04-01 18:26:05

That's cool that your husband is working hard to improve your home. I wish mine would do the same but oh well. I think if there's one thing you tell your husband, it should be that he needs to measure really carefully. There's no sense trying to build a pitched roof on a bay window if he doesn't take proper measurements and work his way from there. Best of luck to you, I'm sure it will go well!

Answered: 2019-04-02 03:07:21

Hey Linda, that's hilarious because my husband started the same project a few weeks ago. He quickly learned that you have to carefully measure the window and start building the frame of the roof accordingly. If he has a lever and a tape measure, he's got the main tools he needs. He needs to make sure he cuts the wood correctly to build the roof over the window at the right angle. Hope that helps!

Answered: 2019-04-02 02:32:32

Wow, that sounds like an awesome project your husband is working on. I have to admit I'm slightly jealous and wish mine would take that kind of initative. That being said, you have to remind him to take his measurements carefully. His bay window roofing project isn't going to work out very well if he doesn't measure accurately to begin with.

Answered: 2019-04-02 05:01:39

Wow, a bay window roofing project sounds awesome! What would be even better is if your husband can take advantage of this opportunity to achieve a green roofing projects, as outlined by Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences.

We want to listen to your answers