Login as a User

how much to replace flat roof with pitched

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how much to replace flat roof with pitched
Asked: 2019-03-11 14:36:34
I live (and own) in a cute little townhome that has a flat pitched roof. I don’t necessarily need a new roof right away but I do know my current roof’s days are numbered. With that said, how much can i expect to pay to replace a flat pitched roof?

Answered: 2019-03-12 00:55:02

Converting your flat roof to a pitched roof may cost as little as $8000 but could cost upwards of $20000. This price is dependent on multiple factors including the size and materials of your new roof, how complicated the design is, and if your home can already support it or if modifications must be made.

Answered: 2019-03-12 21:16:51

If you just consider the cost of the roof, $10000 might be feasible. More than likely, that cost will be higher because your home may not be able to support the new weight. I’m also assuming you aren’t looking for a simple A-frame which would probably be the cheapest, but instead are looking to add a more attractive, yet more complex design. All of these factors will increase the total cost of your roof, so just be prepared for an expensive job!

Answered: 2019-03-12 05:45:52

If you’re dead set on the idea of converting your flat roof, you should have a professional come out and give an estimate. Even though you might get an idea of cost online, your house might not be structurally sound enough to support this new weight. Definitely ask a professional. Actually, ask several for estimates to ensure you get a fair price!

Answered: 2019-03-13 05:34:55

To convert your existing flat roof to a pitched roof, you can expect a pretty high cost. This is due to the fact that the change can affect your home’s current structure and how it bears weight. The cost will also vary based on how complicated you want your new roof to be and how many square feet the roof. From what i saw on this site description expect to pay around $10000. This cost could be higher or lower depending on the current condition of your roof.

Answered: 2019-03-12 11:11:11

Why do you want to convert your flat roof? I love mine and actually use it as an extra space to sunbathe. I’d probably skip this idea and put the money into another home project! Maybe convert your roof into a garden for space for growing vegetables?!

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers