Login as a User

how to replace concrete roof tiles

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to replace concrete roof tiles
Asked: 2019-08-26 19:09:17
My mom is getting older and she needs some help fixing up her house. Her concrete roof tiles are a bit worse off for the wear, and I definitely need to replace some of them. Has anyone done a project like this before? I'm just wondering if there's any pointers I should ponder before moving ahead with this project.

Answered: 2019-08-27 01:33:28

Concrete roof tiles can be tricky to replace, because you don't want to ruin the other tiles that are still okay. If you're worried at all about this or you're not sure if you'll be able to take on this task, I would ask for assistance from a friend or a local handyman. Someone who knows roofs would be able to help you to make sure it all goes smoothly and your mom's house remains in good condition.

Answered: 2019-08-28 02:08:42

Replacing concrete roof tiles needs to be done very carefully. If you don't watch what you're doing, you could end up breaking some of the nearby roof tiles that are still in good condition. If you haven't had a roof inspection done on your mom's house lately, I would do that. Then you will have a better idea of what you're working with.

Answered: 2019-08-28 02:50:02

We had to replace 100 concrete roof tiles on our home last year, and it was a tedious task. That's because we didn't want to damage the other tiles on our roof, so we went really slowly to get it all done. I think you need to really patient during this process just to be on the safe side and make sure it all works out okay.

Answered: 2019-08-27 09:28:29

Concrete roof tiles last for a long time, which is great, but eventually they wear out over time. That's what you've noticed at your mom's house. It's possible that some of the tiles are still fine, and you need to decide whether you just replace a few broken ones or if it's better to do a full replacement/renovation. It sounds like in your case it's better to do just a few tile replacements, but check with a roofing contractor to be sure.

Answered: 2019-08-27 01:05:39

When it comes to preserving or removing historic concrete, including older concrete roof tiles, it's important to be careful of the surrounding structure, as the U.S. National Park Service

We want to listen to your answers