Login as a User

how much does a clay tile roof cost

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how much does a clay tile roof cost
Asked: 2019-05-17 11:50:27
My wife read somewhere that clay tile roofs save you cost in electric, help with your overall cosmetic look and is the best type of material to use on your home because your home will have great resale value. Is that true and how much does a clay tile roof cost?

Answered: 2019-05-17 20:53:06

Clay tile is a popular roofing material for a reason. That's because the tiles come a huge variety of color with a glazed or unglazed finish. You can also have a flat, fluted or interlocking clay tile that adds to your home's design. Many times the tiles look like wood shakes or log homes which is pretty cool. The tiles last around 100 years and due to a high thermal mass, they do a great job at keeping your home regulated in temperature. description

Answered: 2019-05-18 04:09:44

If you live in the Southwest or West Coast it’s a great idea. It deals with heat and salt air very well. They even do great which getting rid of rain when it accumlates. But these are very, very heavy roofing systems and they can break under certain conditions. Roof framing needs to be very sturdy structurally in order to support the weight. If your house can't do that - stay away. description

Answered: 2019-05-18 07:34:58

I have a clay tile roof and I love the longevity of the product. But I also paid a small fortune for it. Mine was installed at $30 square foot and it cost me $40,000 to buy the tiles and install it put together. I have the most unique style roof in our neighborhood and the clay tile will never need to be replaced as it lasts about 100 years. That being said, I had to invest in the structural reinforcement of my roof truss structure due to the weight of the clay tiles. description

Answered: 2019-05-17 19:36:34

Clay tile roofs do look nice. But you're going to pay between $8 to $25 per square foot for installation. The varied prices are because you it depends on the style you choose. Materials run $3 to $7 per square foot. Clay tile roofs are very heavy but they are more water resistant than concrete. Since the average tile roof costs about twice as much as shingles you want to make sure its something you want to do and you'll get it back out of your house if you sell it. description.

Answered: 2019-05-18 00:30:45

I wouldn't touch clay tile roofing if you paid me. That's because its extremely heavy for your home and your roofing installation price for a clay tile roof costs anywhere between $25,000 to $50,000. That's a crazy amount. The varied cost range is due to if your home is slope, flat or pitch and how big it is. You can expect to pay $1000 to $1800 per square installed on one size standard tile for a single story home. The plus side is their lifespan of up to 100 years and are a class-A fire rated that does not burn. description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers