Login as a User

how to build a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a flat roof
Asked: 2019-11-01 04:12:47
Hey, my name is Vince. My older sister wants me to help her and her husband build a new roof for her. I've helped with construction some, but I was hoping someone on here knows how to build a flat roof. Might need to hire professionals if it's too complicated.

Answered: 2019-11-02 08:30:01

I came across this while researching description and it states that there are three ways to build a flat roof. You can make it a warm roof, which is cheaper where the insulation is between the timber and roofing membrane. Or a cold roof where the insulation is between rafters but underneath the ply roof covering. And then there’s the bybrid roofs, which has both cool and warm roofs but there’s a ventilation gap above the warm roof.

Answered: 2019-11-01 11:08:07

You can build a flat roof at least in three different ways. A warm roof is one of them. This one you have the roof insulation on top of the timber with the roofing membrane on top of the insulation. Then, there’s the cold rood, which has the insulation in between the rafters but it’s under the ply roof covering. And last of all, we have the hybrid roofs, which can be built by using both cold and warm roofs, except some put a ventilation gap above the warm one since it helps prevent moisture from building up.

Answered: 2019-11-01 18:32:29

You can build a flat roof by building it with the roof insulation on top of the timber with the roofing membrane on top of the insulation. That’s what a warm roof is called. You can also build it the cool roof or hybrid roof way, which is different that the warm roof by how you place the insulation. However, you can also use different flat roof coverings such as mastic asphalt or torch-on felt.

Answered: 2019-11-02 03:25:33

There are three different ways you can build a flat roof. A warm roof is where you have the roof insulation on top of the timber and the roofing membrane is over the insulation. Then, there’s the cold roof, which has the insulation between the rafter but under the ply roof covering. Lastly, the hybrid roof is another way which has both warm and cool but some designs has a gap in the ventilation above the warm one.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers