Login as a User

what is a spray foam roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. what is a spray foam roof
Asked: 2019-04-03 06:57:23
Man oh man have we had problems with our roof. I couldn't even tell you the number of issues we've had, but I guess it makes sense considering our roof is 50+ years old and has been through a number of storms and seasons. Now we are looking for a solution for our roof, whether that be a significant repair job or a new one altogether. I've heard a few people mention spray foam roofing and I wanted to know if this is any good. Should we consider spray foam roofing for our situation?

Answered: 2019-04-04 17:47:48

Sorry to hear that you've had such problems with your roof. I get how stressful that can be, and it can cost a lot of money to as I'm sure you know. I think it's definitely the right call for you to try spray foam roofing. I've had a lot of friends who used spray foam roofing with great results, and it's pretty easy and cost-efficient. You can always ask your local roofer for clarification, but I think this is a good way to protect your roof and the overall value of your home.

Answered: 2019-04-05 02:07:40

We have spray foam roofing on our house, and it's worked out well for us. We needed repairs to our old roof and a local roofer suggested we try spray foam. I certainly don't regret it and would probably do it again in the future. I'm sure you would have similar results as long as the spray foam application is done carefully and correctly. Good luck with your roof!

Answered: 2019-04-03 23:22:30

I have been in the roofing industry for 40 years and I highly recommend spray foam roofing. Essentially this is a liquid material that turns into foam to create a solid protective layer over your existing roof. The best thing about spray foam roofing is that it can last for decades with the right maintenance routine. So yes - I think you should go ahead and try this!

Answered: 2019-04-03 08:10:02

Spray foam has been a trusted roofing resource and solution for many years. The U.S. Department of Energy published a report on spray foam roofing, which I found really interesting. When used appropriately in the proper quantities, spray foam can serve as a strong source of support for plywood and timber. I think you should consider this option for your roof.

Answered: 2019-04-03 19:24:51

Spray foam roofing is a worthwhile solution for many homeowners. As I found online, spray foam is the combination of isocyanate and polyol resin. When these two materials come into contact with one another, they react and expand to create a solid layer for your roof. I think it's certainly worth it to give this roofing style a try and see what you think!

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers