Login as a User

how to choose metal roof color

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to choose metal roof color
Asked: 2019-08-22 08:42:36
Right all your DIY gurus, myself and my girlfriend have just purchased a new property and we've got a metal roof on the side of the house. I want to paint it a new color, but what's best? She wants something pastel, but I'm not sure that will hold up.

Answered: 2019-08-23 04:21:35

What colors are your neighborhood? Like, if they are all grey, do you really want to stand out with a bold red roof? Nowadays, the paints for metal roofs come in about 50 colors so you have a great choice. I think it's great if you take the influence of your surroundings - like earthy colors if you live near plains and blues and greens if you're near the forest. Pastels work well in Florida or down South.

Answered: 2019-08-22 21:18:58

Basically, you want to choose a color that goes with the overall aesthetic of the house, right? Luckily, now you can choose almost any color as there is a variety of high quality paints available on the market. So, if she wants duck-egg blue or baby pink, then she can probably get it.

Answered: 2019-08-23 05:02:14

What style is your building? Different colors work well when following different themes - like if it's really modern, you could actually have it the normal metal color and it will look really clean. If it's Victorian, then a dove gray or a green can work really nicely. But overall, you can probably get any colour that you want. Just make sure you get one with a good warranty - like, beyond 10 years.

Answered: 2019-08-22 13:19:48

Never mind the color, it's the quality of paint that you need to consider here. It absolutely has to withstand the elements. The industry standard right now is Kynar 500, and as far as I know it comes in quite a few colors - greens, blues etc, so she might get her wish with a lighter blue color.

Answered: 2019-08-24 08:15:13

href="https://www.roofcalc.org/metal-roofing-colors-guide/" > description This is a good guide to help you find a colour that you like for your home. Here you can see that even if you can't actually find the exact colour you want, you could actually have it custom made (that's if you have a bit of cash to play with). Make the lady happy.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers