Login as a User

how to build a concrete roof deck

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a concrete roof deck
Asked: 2019-07-26 10:05:13
For some reason, I’m quite intrigued by the idea of a concrete roof deck. I’m probably interested because we live in an area that is prone to severe weather and would like to help protect my home against major storms. Anyway, can you give me the basics on how to build a concrete roof deck so I can decide if this is a DIY project or if I should hire someone?

Answered: 2019-07-27 07:24:03

This is easy to do. Create some molds that will be used for the concrete. Lay your rebar across the roof in the pattern that will support the molds best. Once the concrete is dry have a friend help you lift the concrete onto the rebar and hope for the best.

Answered: 2019-07-27 07:09:11

Don’t try to do this yourself. This is not only a dangerous project if you’re not sure about what you’re doing but could also damage your home or cause injury down the line if you happen to mess anything at all up. Call a professional.

Answered: 2019-07-28 03:29:10

This is definitely a project that you’ll want to hire someone for. If you happen to have a friend who is a roofer, they might be willing to help you complete this project… building a concrete roof deck isn’t easy and can end badly if not done correctly which is why it’s best to leave this for professionals.

Answered: 2019-07-27 01:39:59

There are at least four types of concrete roof decks so it really depends on what you’re looking for. There are precast concrete roof decks and lightweight insulating concrete decks and a couple of other possibilities. description Each one will be a little different to build so you might want to make a decision as to which type of deck you’re wanting to go with.

Answered: 2019-07-28 05:29:48

Very few details are being given which leads me to believe you aren’t a roofing professional. This means that you should leave this job to someone who knows and understands how complex this work is. You probably wouldn’t try to rewire your house, you’d leave that to a professional electrician. This is the same principle.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers