Login as a User

is metal roof cheaper than shingles

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. is metal roof cheaper than shingles
Asked: 2019-02-17 23:31:31
I was trying to figure out what supplies to get for a roof. I want to try to get the cheapest kind since money is pretty tight for this house project of ours. Is metal roof cheaper than shingles?

Answered: 2019-02-19 04:46:14

If you want to save money now, I would pick the shingles option. However, over time, having a metal roof can save you money for years to come since they last longer than the shingles option. A metal roof also helps keep your home cool in those hot summer days.

Answered: 2019-02-19 19:02:57

You kind of get what you pay for with shingles. It can be great for those who can't afford it, but it's better to get metal roof since it can withstand bad weather and lasts a long time. I guess it’s up to you whether you want to pay a big fee one time that will last longer or continue to buy the cheap stuff over and over again.

Answered: 2019-02-18 01:07:33

I was looking at which options are cheaper when I found this excellent website description that says metal roofs cost twice as much as shingles. However, in the long run, they can save you money since they last two to three times longer than shingles. It can help you save at least $100 each year with air conditioning bills since it can keep your house cooler.

Answered: 2019-02-19 20:26:38

A metal roof can be about two times as costly as shingles, so a metal roof isn’t cheaper than shingles. However, a metal roof does last 2-3 times longer, so it can help you save money throughout the years of living in your house. Most of them can last 50 years or longer.

Answered: 2019-02-18 19:44:54

A metal roof might be a good option for you if you can afford it. It is two times as expensive as shingles. However, it can last a lot longer than those shingles can. It will also save you money on those high air conditioning bills if you live in hot climate since they can help make your home cooler.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers