Login as a User

how to build a metal roof over a deck

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a metal roof over a deck
Asked: 2019-05-02 11:52:32
I'm not that handy with a hammer, but I reckon I can make a metal roofing for my deck. D'you think this is possible?

Answered: 2019-05-03 13:19:33

You say that you're not that great with a hammer, so why are you even putting yourself through this? Get someone else to do it. Even call your friend down the block, say you'll give him a few dollar if he'll give you a hand. You get in the beers and materials and let them do the parts that you're not good at. It works.

Answered: 2019-05-02 22:06:37

Yes, it's possible. Just take your time, make sure you get the right materials. Get some pine boards and tin panels, make sure that you measure everything right - I don't know how big you want it? Wear gloves and get a good drill. Get some steel fasteners too.

Answered: 2019-05-02 18:17:01

So, this here is a link to building a roof over a pig pen. I don't have pigs but I wanted a shady part for my chickens, and this here was what I used. It's a few years ago now, so you might find something more up to date, but I can't see why it wouldn't work for you to make a metal roof on your deck. href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=novHmPKLa6E" > description

Answered: 2019-05-04 02:06:58

Rather than go to the bother of building a metal roof, would you not just buy a metal-roofed gazebo? All the parts will come in the pack, you can get it at one of the gardening warehouses and as long as you secure it down, you'll have your shading but you don't need to be up a ladder banging away with a hammer.

Answered: 2019-05-03 04:18:55

Oh, follow Mr DIY Dork on Youtube, his videos are super. He tells you what tools you need and then he takes you through the process. I just did a search there, here you go: href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khfrbga-9Y0" > description (yes, you're welcome!)

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers