Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof over a porch

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof over a porch
Asked: 2019-08-13 02:58:13
My cousin is trying to make a new roof for my back porch for me in my backyard. I wanted to research on my own to figure out how he's going to do and stuff. Can anyone tell me how to build a pitched roof over a porch?

Answered: 2019-08-14 22:37:15

I was researching this and found description which talks about building a pitched roof. You can start but figuring out where you want the roof support posts. You put in the metal anchor poles and then support poles and connect with nuts and bolts and then work on the top part. Then, you can use roofing tacks to connect roofing felt to the sheathing. You can have you very own roof.

Answered: 2019-08-13 10:14:42

You can start by figuring out the measurements for how far you want your roof to be. It can hace a high pitch or low one. Then, your cousin can figure out how long the support and anchor poles should be and dig a hole into the ground where you want it. Using cement can be good to keep it in the ground. Then, you can connect roofing felt to the sheathing and add shingles to the roof.

Answered: 2019-08-13 10:47:54

If your cousin is trying to make you a roof, you can figure out the dimensions for it. You can see how much of a pitch you want it to block out the sun or whatever. Then, you can figure out how far you want the poles and support poles to go into the ground. You should use cement to keep it nice and strong for a long time. Then, your cousin can use roofing tacks to connect roofing felt to the sheathing. Then, you can enjoy your roof.

Answered: 2019-08-14 16:54:55

Your cousin might know how to figure out where to put the support and metal anchor poles into the ground with cement. It can anchor it to the ground, especially during bad weather. Then, you cousin can attach the roofing felt to the sheathing. You can also put shingles on the roof.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers