Login as a User

how to repair leaking concrete roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to repair leaking concrete roof
Asked: 2019-05-02 23:41:22
I'm Noel. I hope you guys are doing alright. I had a question about concrete roofs. I have a leak in mine at my house. So, I wanted to know how do you guys repair a leaking concrete roof?

Answered: 2019-05-03 14:14:33

Before I begin, I should say that you can always hire a professional and not have to do this on your own. You might have to if the damage is too complicated for you to fix on your own anyway. You can clean the leaky area with a pressure washer and then apply mortar to the cracks or holes. After that you can put some roof primer on top. You should wait until it’s nice and dry and then put the elastomeric sealant on top. You can add another layer of the sealant the next day too.

Answered: 2019-05-04 08:38:20

I was looking up how to repair a leak in concrete and found this interesting website description which says that if you want to brave it out and fix the problem on your own, you can clean the area where there’s a leak with a pressure washer. Then, you can fill in the cracks or holes with mortar or roof cement. Then, you can apply roof primer. Wait until it’s dry and then apply elastomeric sealant on any holes or cracks. You can also apply another coating of this sealant the following day.

Answered: 2019-05-04 15:21:25

You can fix a leak by first figuring out where the leak originates. You might find a pool of water or have to inspect the plumbing lines. If things aren’t too complicated, you can use mortar or roof cement, roof primer, and elastomeric sealant to fix the leak. You can apply the sealant two times too to have extra protection.

Answered: 2019-05-04 10:09:43

If you don’t know where the leak is located, then you have to find it before you can begin. Then, clean the general area and apply some mortar or roof cement to the area. Next, apply some roof primer. Lastly, you can put the elastomeric sealant on top of the holes and cracks. You can also put another coat of sealant the day after.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers