Login as a User

how much does it cost for a metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how much does it cost for a metal roof
Asked: 2019-04-16 21:14:04
We need a new roof and several people have recommended getting a metal one. I'm just wondering how much that will cost.

Answered: 2019-04-17 07:10:59

Corrugated or ribbed steel is your cheapest bet, and here you will come in around $400 - $600 per square. That's what I did and I'm really pleased with it. It wasn't as expensive as some metal roofs but I get pretty much all the benefits and it sure beats the old asphalt roof that we used to have that I had no end of trouble with.

Answered: 2019-04-17 07:37:38

There's different kinds of metal roof, galvanished, metal shingle, copper, aluminum, so one might cost you around $6 per square foot and another might cost you $10 or even $12. Best to do your research to see which one is best for you (and your budget!).

Answered: 2019-04-17 22:12:05

Total costs vary, but if you're hiring someone to install a metal roof for you (and you should hire someone who knows what they are doing - it will save you in the long run) then it's about $8 - $12.50 per sq meter. Asphalt is cheaper, there's no doubt but it actually won't last you as long.

Answered: 2019-04-18 19:25:54

You will pay slightly more for a metal roof, but that'simply because they last longer. They are also great in inclement weather and pretty much fire-proof, so they're pretty much worth every penny. Our home is 1500 sq foot and we paid around $12,000. I know the figure would make you gasp, but I've had to do virtually no maintenance in the 9 years it's been on.

Answered: 2019-04-17 13:38:24

Re-roofing a house costs some serious dollar, regardless of where you are. But it's higher in some places, like Denver. I found this great tool where you get loads of info and you can also enter your zip code to see average prices: href="https://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/roofing/install-a-roof/" > description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers