Login as a User

how to install valley on metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install valley on metal roof
Asked: 2019-08-18 05:29:44
Hey guys! I was really really hoping you can help me out! Im trying to help my husband figure out how to install a valley on the metal roof we are rebuilding after buying this new house. It needs a lot of renovations. I know we probably should hire a professional, but I just want to see how complicated it is before we decide on what to do. So, does anyone know how to install valley on metal roofs?

Answered: 2019-08-19 00:46:09

You can create an open valley by using a proper underlayment that consists of a high temperature ice and water shield in the center of it and a special underlayment on top of that. Then, you can finally use the “W” or “V” shaped pieces of metal that you can put on top.

Answered: 2019-08-18 15:10:04

You can create closed or open valleys, but when you deal with metal ones, you should probably get an open one since closed ones don’t last long before water gets underneath the panels. So, for the open valleys, you can install it by using a layer of high temperature ice and water shield to put in the center of the wood decking. Then, you can place the special underlayment that’s for metal roofs before then putting on “W” or “V” shaped metal pieces on top.

Answered: 2019-08-18 14:12:31

You can make your house into a open valley or closed valley. However, you probably don’t want closed since that one usually causes damage faster. You can install an open valley by using high temperature ice and water shield covers for the wood decking that’s placed in the center of the valley. Then you can place the “V” shaped metal pieces on top.

Answered: 2019-08-18 13:58:51

I wanted to help you out and when I saw this description I thought it would help you how to install a valley on a metal roof. It says if you are going to create an open valley, you would put a layer of high temperature ice and water shield should be on the wood decking in the center. Then, you’re supposed to put a special type of underlayment before putting the metal pieces on that’s “W” or “V” shaped.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers