Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof on a mobile home

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof on a mobile home
Asked: 2019-09-16 17:05:24
My sister just bought a rundown mobile home with plans of renovating it (don’t ask me why, she hasn’t always been the brightest.) Anyway, I’m the one that’s being roped into helping her with this renovation and one of the first projects will be a new roof. How can i build a pitched roof on this thing?

Answered: 2019-09-17 10:53:32

I definitely wouldn’t put a pitched roof on a trailer as they don’t really retain their resale value and the hassle is more than it’ll be worth. However, if you absolutely must put a pitched roof, opt to do a roof over instead. Leave the actual trailer roof flat and build a structure around it to protect it from harsher weather and extreme temperatures… something like this description

Answered: 2019-09-18 08:19:58

If i were you, I’d look at putting a pitched roof structure over the mobile home so protect it better from the elements. Choosing to do that will also make it a lot like putting a pitched roof on a house and pretty easy!

Answered: 2019-09-17 09:24:54

Don’t. Just don’t. Have your sister hire an actual roofing contractor to tell you what exactly this trailer needs. If she can’t afford one, you hire one ‘cause if you happen to be responsible for the roof and it isn’t what she wanted, yall are going to end up fighting about it forever and she’s gonna be pissed!

Answered: 2019-09-17 09:16:34

Building a pitched roof isn’t easy but is doable if you are willing to put forth a bit of effort. All you need to do is measure out how many supporting beams you’ll need, cut them so that they fit together over the trailer and then add some 2x4 supports. After that, throw on some plywood and then your shingles.

Answered: 2019-09-17 23:03:52

Well my friend, it sucks that your sister has roped you into rehabbing a mobile home. However, there are a lot of ways you can build a new roof on a trailer, depending on the look you’re going for. You ultimately will need to know about how much slant or pitch you want the roof to have in order to start framing it. One of the best sources I’ve found for building roofs is this site: description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers