Login as a User

how long does a concrete tile roof last in florida

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how long does a concrete tile roof last in florida
Asked: 2019-02-24 22:30:24
I'm looking at buying a house in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It has a concrete tile roof and I'm wondering how durable these roofs are. How long can I expect it to last if it's already 10 years old? I just want to make sure this is a smart real estate investment that won't end up costing me a lot in the future.

Answered: 2019-02-25 02:43:35

10 years is not that old for a concrete tile roof. Now some of these roofs last up to 100 years in Florida, but it does depend on how well you take care of the roof as well as other things like exposure to the elements. If your house goes through hurricane after hurricane, it may be a bit different then if the next 20 years are smooth sailing with minimal storms in your area. It's just a gamble you have to take in real estate, but I think you'll be just fine. You obviously like this house and I think if you're considering it you should go for it.

Answered: 2019-02-25 08:01:47

It's good that you're doing your research before making this purchase because you're exactly right, you'd rather be safe than sorry. I think in this case though you'll find that your concrete tile roof is really meant to last at least 50 years, if not longer. Even though there may be storms and wind where you live, these roofs are pretty durable.

Answered: 2019-02-25 22:09:09

10 years is nothing mate! We've lived in our house for 40 years and so far so good on our concrete tile roof. We live in Hollywood so right next door. Of course nothing is a guarantee in life but I think it's pretty safe to say your roof has a long lifespan ahead, especially if you take good care of it and maintain it properly.

Answered: 2019-02-25 07:42:47

There are a lot of different factors that would impact the lifespan of your concrete tile roof, but generally speaking it's still relatively early on and I don't think you need to worry about major renovations or replacing the roof anytime soon. As the U.S. National Park Service

Answered: 2019-02-26 17:01:23

Wow that sounds lovely, I am obsessed with Fort Lauderdale and Florida living in general! Now I've heard that concrete tile roofs can actually last from anywhere between 50-100 years. If that's true then I think you can feel pretty confident about buying this house and enjoying everything the Sunshine state has to offer.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers