Login as a User

can concrete roof tiles be painted

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. can concrete roof tiles be painted
Asked: 2020-01-24 02:31:57
We bought a home that has concrete roofing tiles on it. The tiles are still in great condition, but they don’t look great. I want to paint them so that they can match the exterior of the home better. Is it possible to paint them or will I just have to get them all replaced to change the overall look of the home?

Answered: 2020-01-25 09:09:56

Don’t waste your money replacing the tiles just because you don’t like the color of them. You can have the tiles painted to give it a new look, but you do have to be willing to pay a pretty penny to have it done. This is because there is so much that goes into cleaning the tiles and painting them.

Answered: 2020-01-25 22:20:02

Painting the tiles isn’t hard to do. Once the tiles are really cleaned you can just use a paint roller to apply the paint to the tiles. You need to use elastomeric masonry paint to ensure that it can be applied properly to the tiles. The paint is designed to stand up to the elements and look great for a really long time.

Answered: 2020-01-25 00:13:54

You may just want to have the tiles thoroughly cleaned before you go through the process of having them painted. Dirt and debris can collect on the tiles and completely change the way that they look. If you don’t like the way they look after they are cleaned, you can always have them painted a different color.

Answered: 2020-01-25 18:15:15

If the tiles are still in good condition you don’t have to replace them. Concrete roofing tiles can easily be painted just about any color that you want. It’s important to have a roofer do the painting for you as roofing tiles are very fragile and can break easily if you put too much weight on them.

Answered: 2020-01-25 11:39:12

I painted the tiles on my roof by myself. I found out on description that it really isn’t that hard to do. It’s important to make sure that you clean the tiles thoroughly though, as I had a hard time getting the paint to stick when I didn’t clean the tiles as well as I should have cleaned them.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers