Login as a User

how to do lead flashing on pitched roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to do lead flashing on pitched roof
Asked: 2019-08-18 14:17:46
I recently noticed that my roof needed some lead flashing. I live in an area in which it rains a lot and I have a pitched roof. In this case, I know that the water can end up damaging my property after some time, so I decided it was time to do something about it. My only problem is that I’m not sure about how do it. Can anyone here provide me with a good answer about how to install lead flashing on a pitched roof? My house is only three years old and I don’t want it to have any problem of this sort so early.

Answered: 2019-08-18 23:19:52

Answered: 2019-08-19 15:51:05

To install it, you’ll need code 4 lead flashing, which can be easily bought. First cut it so that it can fit the place, then you just need to insert it and fix it there. One of the main mistakes that people do it when they want to install it is to not fix it very well. This can cause problems such as infiltrations later on, so you need to be very careful at each step of the process.

Answered: 2019-08-19 05:59:51

There are several ways to install roof flashing. One of the most common ways to do it is just what you described: using lead. It’s actually quite easier than it seems. First, you need to buy the lead for the flashing. It can’t be too thick, so code 4 is generally your best bet. Code 3 is generally lighter and can be used for soakers. Then cut the lead you just bought and fit it.

Answered: 2019-08-20 10:53:56

After you buy the lead flashing material, you need to cut it. Use a sheet lead knife for this. They are pretty strong and durable, so they’re pretty good. Normal knives can be used, but they are not ideal. After that, remove the mortar from the brickwork, measure the space, and shape the lead flashing to be fit there and fit it. Finally, install fixings for the lead flashing continue to be strong.

Answered: 2019-08-18 20:59:32

People are offering great explanations here. I would like to add something, though. One of the most important points when buying the lead is to acquire a brand that will have a product that will not harm your health. As this article I found explain, lead is poisonous. description so if you use it, you really need to choose a product that you can consider safe.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers