Login as a User

can you tile a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. can you tile a flat roof
Asked: 2019-05-28 15:07:46
I was thinking about using tiles to create a nice roof for my flat roof. However, is it possible? I was wondering if you know if you can tile a flat roof or not?

Answered: 2019-05-29 09:45:54

Some people put tiles on their flat roof. I don’t really know if it’s the best way but it could be good for you. You can two layers of roofing felt on when you begin. Then you can put battens on, but the places where you get the tiles from can help you with how far apart you should put the battens down. Then, you can finally put the tiles down and nail them to the battens.

Answered: 2019-05-30 11:02:48

You can put tiles on your roof if you want. I heard it takes a long time, so it might not be for everyone. I know you can put the roofing felt down first and then the battens and then you can put the tiles on last. I know you should nail the tiles to the battens.

Answered: 2019-05-30 14:20:13

Yes, you can do this. I found this site description which tells people to choose what tiles you want like wood or stone. Then, measure the roof to see how many tiles you need and then you can put down roofing felt for extra protection and weatherproof. You can put two layers if needed. Then, you should install battens on your roof and the place you get your tiles should tell you how far apart from each other and stuff like that. Work left to right in rows as you install the flat roof tiles by nailing them to the battens.

Answered: 2019-05-29 22:19:34

You can hire a professional or do it yourself when it comes to putting tile on a flat roof. It’s possible, so you can figure out which tiles you want to use. You can choose tile like wood, slate, and stone. You should measure your roof before going out and buying the tiles since you need to know how much you need. Most people put roofing felt down first for added protection and then they put the battens on then install the tiles.

Answered: 2019-05-30 11:42:22

Once you figure out what tiles you want since different ones can cost more than others, you can start measuring your roof to see how many tiles is needed to fit your roof. The, you can put one or two layers of roofing felt down for weatherproof protection. Next, you should install the battens and then place and nail your tiles on top of the battens.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers