Login as a User

how to find a leak in a metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to find a leak in a metal roof
Asked: 2019-04-27 23:31:40
I live with a few other roomates in an old house, but it has a metal roof. We have a new leak since last Friday. How can we find the leak in a metal roof? It really seems impossible.

Answered: 2019-04-28 09:51:02

Metal roofs can leak just like any other roofs. You can find out those leaky spots during the day. All you have to do is go in the roofspace during the day and you can easily find any holes, rust decay, or any other signs that there might be a leak there.

Answered: 2019-04-29 16:45:04

I found this article description while I was researching leaks in metal roofs. It says you can easily find places where there're holes or rust decay in the roof space. So, I’d look for any areas that you might think there’s a leak during the daylight hours so you can see them more clearly.

Answered: 2019-04-29 11:45:55

You can go in the roofspace sometime when there’s still daylight. It can help you see spots like holes or rust decay. Those are some of the ways you can tell you have a leak. Metal roofs can last a long time, but you still have to maintain them to prevent having to replace them completely.

Answered: 2019-04-28 13:52:52

Oh, man. I hope you can find your leak! You should be able to find it by going into the roofspace and looking around everywhere. You should do it during the day though since it can be easier to spot those holes and any rust decay that the rain can create.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers