Login as a User

how much is a flat roof replacement

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how much is a flat roof replacement
Asked: 2019-06-19 00:07:23
We have a built-up flat roof and need to replace it as we just bought the house as is. Does anyone think one of the other types of flat roofs are better or should we stick with the built-up flat roof?

Answered: 2019-06-20 02:08:46

You already know about the built-up flat roof and the other two are hot tar (bitumen), gravel, fiberglass, and modified bitumen. Modified bitumen gives you a direct contrast to a layered approach that you have now with the built-up roof. The modified bitumen uses only one layer of rolled material.But when you're using hot tar no matter which of the three you select you need to use a professional roofer. However, because of the hot tar, the installation of this type of flat roof should always be done by a professional roofer. In fact I don't think the modified bitumen has ever been used outside of professional installation. You can also use the rubber membrane because it resists sun damage. I think you can do this yourself if you want to but that's my personal opinion so I'd pick the personal membrane. description

Answered: 2019-06-20 11:36:53

You already know about the five types of flat roofs you can consider in addition to your built up roof you have now. So I'd concentrate on taking some time to gather costs and any price estimates you need from various contractors. Then I'd research the different materials for your roof. Make sure you get some professional references from the contractors and that they know the safety requirements for the roof material and installation you select. description

Answered: 2019-06-19 02:23:20

Finding a way for you to get an accurate estimate for the cost of flat roofs is as difficult as figuring out what your home is in value vs. your neighbors. But flat roof replacments don't vary that much at least not compared to other types of roofs. All the flat roofs are pretty easy to install and most are pretty reasonable in cost. The one that lasts the longest is the standing seam or EPDM rubber roof as they both last the longest so that's what I'd go for. description

Answered: 2019-06-20 02:07:17

If you can repair your flat roof that may be your best option for now. Even some of the most expensive flat roof repairs can cost you only about $200-$600 dollars depending on how hard the leak is to find and the amount of material required to fix it. The greatest thing about specific flat roof leaks and repairs is you can the great thing about targeting specific flat roof leaks make good use of a limited budget by prioritizing your roof leaks or issues you have now and get the best of your budget today. Then you can budget for a replacement if needed. description

Answered: 2019-06-19 05:11:31

There's no three types of flat roofs there is five types. They are built up, singly-ply membrane, sprayed polyurethane foam (SPF), asphalt roll, and flat metal roofs. Each of them offers different things and since you know the built-up I'll give you the other advantages. Single ply gives you a single layer roof that lasts 30 years. The sprayed plyurethane foam is sprayed on as a liquid directly over your old roof which might be the best way for you to go. The asphalt roll is the most inexpensive but only lasts about ten years and the Flat Metal is also known as standing seam roofing which is the most expensive but lasts the longest at 25 to 50 years or longer. description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers