Login as a User

How to patch a foam roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. How to patch a foam roof
Asked: 2019-08-16 11:06:01
I've got a foam roof and just had a look at it. There seems to be some blistering going on and I'd like to fix it without having to re-do the whole thing. How do I go about that?

Answered: 2019-08-17 01:01:53

You don't need to re-do the whole thing, just fix the parts that are cracked or blistered. Order a kit online - you'll get everything you need. Clean the roof first. Just soap and water will do. Then you can use the kit to spray in the foam. Leave it to dry. Then apply seal, you should seal it on a yearly basis anyway.

Answered: 2019-08-17 14:50:24

Remove any blisters or damaged areas first, with a knife, and put some polyurethane caulk in there to fill it up. That will take quite a few days to set properly, so I'd wait at least a week (and do check that it's set) and then seal it fully.

Answered: 2019-08-17 14:45:54

Yeah, you definitely don't need to re-roof it. Get a friend or family member to assist then get up there and do it yourself. First clean the area with a water/detergent solution, rinse it off and let it dry for a few hours. Your local home improvement store will have home repair kits and pick up some spray tips and nozzles while you are at it. So, you just apply the foam through the nozzle to the specified area and you may need to smooth it down. It will take about a day to dry. After that, get some sealant on it, and you're done.

Answered: 2019-08-18 08:49:22

Luckily, repairing foam roofs is one of the easiest things that you can do when it comes to roofing. Check out this clip description and you can see how to do it fast. It will save you a ton of money to do it yourself too.

Answered: 2019-08-17 17:36:52

I don't know a huge amount about foam roofs, but getting up on any roof requires a certain amount of caution. To my mind, it's something that really should be left to people that know what they are doing, not people flying by the seat of their pants.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers