Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof over a deck

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof over a deck
Asked: 2019-05-20 22:30:04
My honey-do list seems like it never quits growing. My lovely girlfriend wanted a front porch so i built her a front porch. Then she wanted a deck, so i built her a deck. Now she wants a roof over said deck and wants it to look “home-y.” Basically she means that she wants a pitched roof over this thing. How do I go about building a roof over a deck? It seems kind of complicated because there isn’t much around it to hold the roof up...

Answered: 2019-05-21 13:16:03

First of all, this isn’t really a project i’d recommend most people doing due to their lacking knowledge of roofing. Second, if you must do it yourself, at least watch this tutorial on how to build the roof. description Third, call a professional roofer. They’re going to do a better job.

Answered: 2019-05-21 04:54:05

Call a professional roofing company. No matter what, roofs are a bit too complex for a person without a background in construction, specifically roofing, to complete with ease. Ask the company for an estimate and if it seems high, call another. Keep calling until you find a rate you like or until you realize that they’re all going to cost nearly the same because this is specialized work.

Answered: 2019-05-22 21:09:11

Leave your deck without a roof! That way you can sunbathe in the summer. If you need shade, add a picnic table with an umbrella. This will be less costly than building a roof yourself or paying someone to do it. Plus, if you wanna take it down, you can easily just collapse the umbrella

Answered: 2019-05-21 09:02:51

Instead of trying to build your own pitched roof, consider buying one of the metal carports to place over your deck. It might be a little hot in the summer but you can always add a fan or two for air circulation. This will also eliminate the need for super complex roofing plans as the instructions will be included in the box.

Answered: 2019-05-21 05:26:44

Just line some boards along a center board to create an A frame. Once you’ve created the frame, put some plywood on it to give you a base for some roofing felt. Then add your shingles or whatever material you’re using for the roof.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers