Login as a User

how to frame a flat roof shed

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to frame a flat roof shed
Asked: 2019-05-06 12:46:33
I want the simplest and easiest way to frame a flat roof shed. This isn't going to be more than a day project and I'm looking for some good ideas in getting the flat roof shed framed.

Answered: 2019-05-06 19:24:09

Cut your frame pieces and start assembling them into the shed's dimensions needed for the roof frame. Make sure you use sections as per your flat roof requirements. After cutting all the required material you need to for constructing flat roof you should be able to assemble the frame on top of the shed. description

Answered: 2019-05-08 01:20:12

For a shed flat roof frame all you need is the span, rise, run and line length. For a flat shed roof the span is the measurement across the building from outside supporting wall to outside supporting wall. A run is half the distance of the span. You want your line to be measured by the supporting framework wall to the centerline of the flat roof. description

Answered: 2019-05-08 00:57:50

I wouldn't do any of the suggestions. Rather I'd build the frame of the shed and for the roof frame I'd make sure I had the beams lengths run from one end of the shed to the other. I'd make sure the shed was no more than 200 sq. feet. I'd use corrugated metal but the beams would support the metal flat roof with no problem. description

Answered: 2019-05-08 05:26:45

You're going to need these things and then its 1,2, and 3. Cut the 6-by-8s for the shed base and then cut eight 4X1 piecves but leave four pieces 10 feet long. Keep the first layer of the 5-foot-by-10-foot frame for the floor on the leveled area. Lay two of the 4-foot-1-inch 6-by-8s on the wide edge between the 10-foot 6-by-8 which will make your frame rectangle. forming a rectangle. description

Answered: 2019-05-07 07:54:14

Build your flat roof shed frame by using the front and back walls understanding they are different and need to be tackled differently. Construct the back first, the front second, and the two sides last. Make your top and bottom beam the same length as the length of the floor. The frame of the back wall should be even with the front wall so that the flat roof is easily laid on the frame. description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers